Header/Social Media Icons/Navigation Bar

Monday, September 1, 2014

Number of the Day and Rekenreks

I use this as part of my morning routine.  As a math intervention I work with small groups of students so this is quite helpful.  Last year I used it daily with my 2nd graders when they were first developing number sense, counting by 5s and 10s etc.  I put them into dry erase sleeves and the kids love them!

daily number, teaching-with-tammy.blogspot.com
Rekenrek Beads are very beneficially for developing the 5/10 structure and helping the little ones "see" the numbers.  I made these to use as number lines.  They can be laminated or taped to the desks.  I believe they need to be held and touched and kids can jump (count) with their fingers.


Pleae check out my TPT store for more FREEBIES.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment