Header/Social Media Icons/Navigation Bar

Friday, June 13, 2014

Five For Friday First Timer




It's Friday!! Woo hoo!  I am a new blogger and am excited to be joining up with so many amazing people.  It's only been a few weeks and I have learned so much from all of your blogs.  Thank you!

Today was my son's middle school graduation.  It is hard to believe that my one and only (baby) is getting ready for high school.  He has worked so hard and I am very proud of his hard work.  He is finally taller than me and I have to share a picture to show how cute he is.  Like many proud parents, we take the same picture every year on the first day of school.  The one below is Jack on his first day of kindergarten.  Same face, right?!

I have been procrastinating a bit this week so my weekend plan is to complete my students' progress reports.  Since I am an intervention teacher I have 50+ students.  I better get started!
My dear friend Sheryl is finished for the year.  She teaches in Florida so our schedules are a little different.  Once a NYer always a NYer so she spends the summer up here visiting family & enjoying the country air.  She finally arrived yesterday and will be here through August.  I can't wait to spend our summer break lounging by the pool, catching up on movies & tv, playing with the doggies, and reading.  Welcome home Sheryl!
Our little guys, Rufus & Holly
I had a great week with my students.  My 2nd graders really enjoyed "spending a dollar" at the penny store.  Even my most reluctant students were motivated when I brought out all the objects for them to "buy".  They were disappointed when class was over so I had to promise that we would shop again next week.  I will have them spend $2 and change the prices of the objects.  The goal is to have them count by 5s and 10s to 200.  2.NBT.2


Parker at http://pjsdesignlaboratory.blogspot.com/p/hire-me.html is working on my new blog design as we speak.  I am so excited!!  I have been watching videos and reading posts and have become pretty good at navigating Blogger.  However, with Parker's help I have a feeling things will start looking a LOT better.  Please stay tuned :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment